Sunday, August 1, 2010

Four Months and Twenty-Five Years

Today is Glen's birthday!! He is the big 2-5. I can't narrow down the reasons I love him to 25 so I won't bother to list them here. Today we made him the breakfast of his choice, he opened a couple of presents and we went to church. Tonight I made him Brazilian food called feijoada, his choice. It was really good. And we had cake and ice cream. Spice cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with heath crumbles. Also tasty. Tomorrow we are having a real party at Organ Stop Pizza which is a pizza place with a live organist. Perfect for our Glen.
I often brag about how wonderful Glen is and I feel like people will stop reading if I do it again so I will fore go it this time.My baby is 4 months old today. He is babbling, blowing bubbles and working on his consonants. He screams.... a lot. He is an all around happy baby and we love to have him around. He still hasn't figured out rolling over. He has rolled over in his crib and he almost rolls over from his back to his stomach. Speaking of his crib, Grandma bought us a monitor and George has been sleeping in his crib ever since. In his own room! Contrary to my earlier hopes and dreams, this does not mean he stays asleep longer. I don't know why I thought he would but I did. Since we moved, he wakes up around 2 or 4. Then again when Glen and I wake up at 6. Then he takes a two or three hour nap after that. I'm ready to give him away. Not really, but he has spoiled me. I was used to sleeping eight hours and now I get much less. And I work so I don't get many naps.
Anyway, I love my baby! I love Glen! Signing off.This was George's first experience with just hanging out outside. This was in Cedar City, of course, a couple of months ago.

No comments: