Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

So, I am not one for flowers. I do like the occasional bouquet of lilies or roses but when it's a forced occasion like Valentine's or an anniversary, it just doesn't hold as much meaning for me. So this year I told Glen not to do anything for me for Valentine's. The plan was to go out to dinner and then buy something we both want. Lucky for Glen, he listened. I can't justify having him spend thirty or more dollars on flowers unless it is a surprise. Like, I got a beautiful bouquet on my birthday this year. Total surprise and I loved it! Anywho, Glen has been extra special sweet and loving the past little while so I couldn't do nothing. Also, he is a teacher so I knew all the little kids would tease him if he had something from me in the classroom. So George and I took him two heart balloons and a card. It was awesome. I got in trouble with Glen but it was worth it! That night, we got all gussied up and dropped George off at Grandma's. We went to Baci which in Italian means kisses. Quite appropriate. It is a cute little Italian place about 2 miles from my mom's house. I got one of my favorites: gnocchi. How did I not know these heavenly little things existed before I tried them in Argentina? Anyway, they had a special Valentine's dessert that was a heart-shaped raspberry/vanilla gelato covered in white chocolate and drizzled with raspberry sauce. Delicious! We spent the bulk of the evening asking obscure questions about each other like, "If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you want?" We learned a lot! Usually we spend most of the time keeping George from yelling at the other restaurant patrons. As long as he has food, he's good....

Then we went to Wal-Mart for our joint Valentine's present. We were planning on getting a down mattress cover for our not-so-comfy mattress but we decided to get that and a wii game. We got Mario Party 8 which is tons of fun and then Glen through Alice in Wonderland in bluray into the cart. It is my favorite movie of all time so I let it slide.

All in all, it was a fabulous Valentine's Day. I love my best friend and I can't believe he chose me!

No comments: