Sunday, February 21, 2010

35/35

I finally reached the 35/35 mark. I am at 35 weeks and I have 35 days left until the due date. Yesterday I had my third and final shower. I was expecting to get a lot of repeats of things I had received at other showers but somehow everyone knew what I didn't have! It was awesome! We had so much fun. Aimee Carnesecca, my high school friend, threw the party here in Cedar and everyone was blown away by how many people showed up. We were expecting 5-10 since only about 6 RSVP'd but after all was said and done, over 20 people came. I really felt loved and that maybe, just maybe, I could stand living here a few years longer. It's nice to realize there are so many people that care. We played some fun games and ate good food. If you are in Cedar and weren't able to come, you really missed out! Anywho, yesterday, Glen and I decided to finally use all of our Target and Wal-Mart gift cards. We bought a carseat/stroller combo and a mattress for the crib. We also bought a bunch of little things we still needed like a nursing pillow and newborn diapers. Glen is so cute to watch when we look at baby things. He has so many more opinions than I do. Unfortunately, I have a terrible way of thinking and just want whatever is cheaper and Glen wants what looks nice and what will last. Good thing he's here to keep me from buying ugly things that fall apart. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone who has shown so much support! We are really starting to feel ready for our son to come. The nursery isn't quite finished but he does have a place to sleep, lots of clothes, diapers and all of the things he will need to survive. He doesn't need a cute nursery right away, but don't tell Glen that.
I will be posting my 8-month post probably later today after I take another bump update picture. I think I am starting to get bigger finally....

No comments: