Thursday, November 18, 2010

26

Well, it happened. I turned 26. I'm closer to 30 than 20 now. I'm sure I'll get over it someday. Probably right before I turn 27... The festivities began on Sunday. Because Glen gets up earlier than I do during the week, he figured he would make me breakfast on Sunday even though my birthday wasn't until Tuesday. It was an awesome breakfast! French toast with homemade buttermilk syrup, hash browns, and maple sausage! Yum! Then my family came over Sunday night for a birthday dinner. Glen made one of my favorites: taco salad! My mom gave me a few presents: two aprons that she made me, a blender, mixing bowls, and a steamer. Yes, these were all requested. She usually just gives me cash or gift cards but this year I actually had things I wanted/needed.On Tuesday, my actual birthday, I received beautiful roses from my honey. Then he took me out to Cheesecake Factory. We took George with us because Glen felt he needed to participate in my birthday celebration. He slept through most of it then ate bread and cereal for the rest of the time.
When we got home, Glen let me open presents. He bought me hair clips, curlers, Beauty and the Beast, a hand mixer/blender thing and a blu-ray player. The strange things on that list were requested. The blu-ray player was wanted but not requested. I am so excited! And the festivities are not quite over. Tonight, Glen is sacrificing his precious, precious sleep to take me to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. We will get home sometime after 3 and he gets up at 5... Poor kid. At least it will be Friday and he can sleep in the next day. Thanks Glen for the best birthday to date!! (And for taking some of the sting away)

2 comments:

Jake said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday! Just do what I do...I have been 25 for 5 like years now.

Janae said...

Oh Chelsea, Chelsea... You're so old!! Good grief!! ha ha, I'm just kidding. I love that you got home made buttermilk syrup, I was just thinking about that the other day and how you taught me how to make that on the mission! Sad to say though, I forgot how to make it... :( I do remember there is an ingredient (baking soda?) that has to be added last and then it's like my 3rd grade volcano project all over again. :) Happy Birthday!!!!