Friday, July 15, 2011

Update Your Blog Day!

I declared it "update your blog" day so I guess I had better join in the festivities! We have been making several home improvements. I am finally satisfied with our living room and took pictures but I need my mom's magic cord to download them (I have learned I need only mention it on the blog and it appears at my house within 24 hours. Let's watch!). We had the entire downstairs (minus the front room/salon/parlor/piano room {that's all one room, I'm just not sure what to call it}) painted recently. We did the bathroom ourselves and have already posted pictures here but we hired our home teacher to do the kitchen/dining room/living room/entry/stairs area. The kitchen is not quite ready for its debut on the blog because we still need a curtain for the window over the sink, but when we get one, I will be sure to take a picture and then post it several days later after getting the cord from my mom. Oh, we have also redone the guest bathroom. We did it around the same time we did the half-bath downstairs we just didn't post pictures. Maybe I will just take pictures with my phone and post them later today....
We saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II last night/this morning! It was awesome! We had readmit tickets from a previous purchase and we were told we could use them for any movie. Therefore, we paid the price of a regular ticket but were able to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3-D. It was fabulous! We got in line around 9:30 and waited until 12:05 for the movie to start. My sweet mother stayed the night at our house so that we could go. Isn't she awesome? While the movie was not inline with the book completely, I feel David Yates does a great job of making sure the most important aspects are still present.
Next time you see George, ask him what a chicken says. You are sure to smile!
PS. I thought I had already mentioned this but I guess not: I am now in the Relief Society Presidency. I never knew how much work goes into such a calling...

No comments: