Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Month, New Post


There isn't much to say about the past couple of weeks. Work has been slow so I've been working on my courses. I am just about finished with my degree! I can almost taste it! George has been learning every day. He knows all of the letters of the alphabet and will point them out every where we go. He does the same with numbers 1-11. Eleven is my favorite because it sounds like "lelele"which is very close to what violin sounds like but with emphasis on the second syllable instead of the third. We just figured out that George has been removing the bricks from the brick border we paid $700 to be put in. You'd think after paying that much the mortar would hold the bricks enough to not allow a two year-old to remove them. He has a pretty fun imagination already. He builds train tracks out of his letter/number blocks and takes his train across them. His train tracks double as a walkway for his Buzz. He has given up naps. This is no bueno. He has done this before but usually it is just once or twice and then he takes a nap the third day but we are going on four days. And the days he does take a nap they are really late in the afternoon, like five. We take daily "walks" which usually consist of him riding his bike for five minutes and then leaving it in the middle of the sidewalk and then I take it back to the house and we walk around the neighborhood VERY slowly as he looks at every rock and closes every garbage can. But at least we are out of the house. I almost wish he would ride in the stroller so he would take a nap but I do like that he is an active kid and not lazy.

1 comment:

Jill and John said...

Wow.....Jaycee knows no letters or numbers. She can count to 10 though. Maybe one day I'll be a better mom like you!