Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guess who's two!

George turned two this past Sunday. I could say the cliche, "I can't believe I have a two year-old" but to be honest, I have had to remind myself he wasn't quite two for the past several months. He is a bright kid and he knows what he wants. I especially had to remind myself of his age when I wanted him to be able to do things he couldn't. I just expected him to be able to because I'm his mom and I think he's a genius.

Anyway, recently we have been working on colors. He has blue, green, brown and pink down. Red and yellow get a little confusing for him but he can at least say them. He has started singing which is my favorite! I was singing "I am a Child of God" to him one night and he started singing along. He loves it when he knows a word.


Last night, or rather this morning, he woke up around 2:30am. I went into his room and just sat by his crib and held his hand. After about an hour of this, I was able to move to the rocking chair without him freaking out. I sat there for 30 minutes before I decided I needed to get back to bed. I stood up and then he stood up. I thought for sure he was asleep. But then he said, "Potty!" I knew this was just a way to get me to get him out of bed. I asked him multiple times, "Do you need to go potty?" He didn't respond. So I took him to the bathroom and stripped him down. He actually went. I'm still not sure it wasn't just a way to get me to get him out but at least he went potty and told me he needed to. He ended up in our bed which doesn't usually work out well because he thinks it's time to play but he did finally fall asleep around 5 am and slept until 8:20. Too bad the mommy doesn't have the luxury of waking up when her eyes open.

George is the best kid in the world to this momma. I couldn't have asked for a cuter, smarter little stink. He gives good loves and thinks Glen and I are awesome. He really wants me to sit on the floor and play with him but it's getting harder as I get closer to the due date. But I'll do anything for my little prince!

No comments: