In April, Georgie Porge turned two! He has been a dream of a two year-old! We had some struggles at the beginning but once I realized I didn't have to think of them as terrible twos, my world changed. I am more patient and I explain everything I tell George to do or not to do. He understands and tantrums are very rare. If he does throw a tantrum it doesn't last very long. He is smart and cute and loving.
Oliver was born in April as well and we have just loved having a baby brother in the house! I am told he looks just like George but as his mom, I just see Oliver so I can't vouch for that. He is sweet and we love him so. He does make a lot of the same faces as baby George did and he sounds the same, to be sure.
I graduated from BYU and I was able to walk at graduation which was really fun. I am still working the same job and the primary bread winner in our family which is a good place for me. I am still second counselor in the Relief Society which means I plan all of the activities. Talk about a stressful calling... But I love the women I serve.
Glen started his Master's Degree at ASU and completed his first semester with a 3.83. He took ten credits which is more than what was advisable... but, he did a great job! He is also working as a TA at ASU and as a music teacher at Legacy. He has been teaching piano lessons as well. He is keeping us afloat, that's for sure!
Here are my "resolutions" from last year:
- Potty train George Done and done!
- Have a healthy baby boy without needing to be induced We did it!
- Gain no more than another 15 lbs this pregnancy I gained just about that much...
- Finish baby #2's quilt before he gets here Got it done!
- Breastfeed through the end of the year And still going strong!
- Save enough money for Glen to get his Masters without taking out a loan We haven't taken out a loan yet but we have used up about 1/3 of our saved money. We made some home improvements...
- Graduate from BYU with my bachelors Yay! And I waited until the next graduation and I was able to walk!
- Get Glen started at ASU in the Fall in the program he really wants Music History and Literature! Go Daddy!
- Find a good daycare for George when Glen starts school We didn't end up putting him in daycare but he is in preschool twice a week and he loves it!!