Friday, May 22, 2009

Our First Anniversary is Tomorrow!

I know I won't have time to post tomorrow so I thought I would post a little something today. Tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary! I am so excited! This year has been so much fun. We have learned and grown a lot. Work and school take up a lot of our time but we were still able to find time for each other and grow closer every day. They say the first year is the hardest but I think whoever "they" are, they are confused. I think you are still in that honeymoon phase for the whole first year not wanting to step on one another's toes and making sure not to hurt any feelings. I hope this continues but I'm sure it won't :) . To celebrate our anniversary we are going to Las Vegas for the weekend! Tonight we are going to a Brazilian restaurant, Glen's favorite. Then tomorrow we will go to the temple, go out to Ruth's Chris and then see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I am excited to go on a vacation with just Glen. It has been since our honeymoon that we have had a whole vacation to ourselves. And this might be the last before we start our brood. We'll see. Since Glen and I have known each other for so long it really does feel like we have been married for five or six years, even though the year did fly by. I love you Glen! You are my best friend and you know me better than anyone else. I love that I can be myself around you and you don't judge, you just make fun. You mean everything to me and I can't wait to see where you take me in the coming years!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary! You're right, the first year isn't always perfect- but is really such bliss. And you're also right about it not staying that way. :) But don't worry- it really doesn't go away, it just gets taken for granted more often than it should because you just get so comfy. I LOVE your wedding dress btw.

Cindy said...

I'd have to agree with "them". I'd take ten years any day over one year. But that only means you have so much more to look forward to! Happy Anniversary!