Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Heartbeat!

On August 13, 2009, Glen and I headed back to the doctor's office for our second visit. Dr. Allen slathered on the jelly and looked for a baby. He felt it was necessary to show me my bladder. I couldn't really see anything so I didn't care. Then we saw it... kinda. We saw the blob in a bigger blob. Then he turned on the sound and there it was: a little heartbeat! It was amazing! I got a little teary but luckily the lights were out so no one noticed. Dr. Allen thought he could get a better picture with a transvaginal ultrasound. It wasn't any better. But I did get to hear the heartbeat again. Then he did the tummy ultrasound again, yay! I was measuring a week behind where I thought I should be but he didn't change the due date and he won't until the next ultrasound. I am scheduled to go back on September 4, however, he told me to come back in 4 weeks and that would only be 3 weeks. The lady at the clinic counted the day I was there as one and counted 3 more to get to four weeks. So, I might call to reschedule, I might not.... I will be at almost 11 weeks by then and I don't think I could get an NT scan by then and I don't want to wait another 4 weeks for the NT scan. Mom came to visit on Sunday and we told her about the baby. She cried and was really excited. The way we did it was pretty awesome. Glen had been working on a mission scrapbook and I told him to make a page with us and the ultrasound at the end and we could show mom the scrapbook and she would get to the last page and figure it out. Well, she got to the last page where there was a wedding picture of us and stickers that said, "Mother to be" and "Father to be". She said that her first thought was that I was going to freak Glen out and he would leave me if I kept pushing this baby business. Then she saw the ultrasound photo and she said, "What?! What is this?! No! Really?!" Then the tears came. It was awesome. We had told Dad over the phone right before we told mom. He wasn't as excited but now that he knows he wants to tell everyone and he's not allowed to since we aren't ready for everyone to know yet. He called my mom and asked who he could tell and she said no one. So he said, "When you say 'no one' do you mean like no one at all?" Maybe we shouldn't have told him yet. Just kidding. I know he will respect our wishes.... Right, Dad?

No comments: