Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gross!

This is what I keep coming home to:We've now killed two. The biggest one was the first one we saw and it got away before we could destroy it. However, the next night she came out again and I got her! Then, another one got brave and Glen was lucky enough to kill that one. Tonight we came home from a walk around the block and it was dark so I don't know if it was actually a black widow this time but I made Glen kill it anyway. Spiders give me the creeps to begin with but when they are venomous I just get even more creeped out and I start to worry about my doggy. So, we killed them.Anyway, enough about that. Last night, Elder Cook from the quorum of the twelve held a fireside for the young single adults at SUU. Glen was called to play the organ so we got to attend and sit on the stand, kinda. We sat behind the organ, but I had a pretty good view. Afterward I spoke with Sister Cook and told her that I was in the MTC when Elder Cook was the Executive Director of the Missionary Department and he came with his family on Christmas and had FHE with all of the missionaries. She was excited that I shared that with her and we talked about how the Osmond 2nd generation came as well. She said that when she found that out she thought no one would care about the Cook Family but I assured her that no one really cared about the Osmond 2nd Generation. Except maybe the elders who salivated over one of the girlfriends they brought along who had a short dress on.The fireside was great and lucky for us we got to hear them speak a second time this morning in a combined stake conference at the SUU centrum. The talks on both occasions were about faith and being examples of the believers. Today Elder Cook emphasized reactivation and bringing part-member families together by helping non-members gain a testimony of the Savior and the restored Gospel. It was really good. I'm so grateful that I was able to find some one who could take me to the temple so that my family can be eternal. And he's such a great example to me of a believer. I can't wait to move on to the next stage in our life together!

No comments: