Sunday, September 20, 2009

We did it!

WRITTEN AUGUST 7, 2009

I will not be publishing these posts until we have made it public, but we're pregnant! On July 16, I took a pregnancy test, 3 days early, and it was negative. I was disappointed but I knew there was still a chance. By the way, each time I take a test, I don't tell Glen for fear that he will think I am being obsessive. Anyway, I was feeling "different" for a week before I took the first test. Since it was my last test, I decided to wait a few days before going out and buying another test. I didn't really start and I normally have debilitating cramps on the first day which didn't come. I finally decided to but more tests on Wednesday night. I went to Wal-Mart (I normally buy them at Smith's but I used the excuse of getting Glen a B-Day card to go out by myself.) I bought a pack of 3 tests. That night, I started what I thought was my period and I was crushed. The next morning I decided to test again just in case. I get up early to go running every morning and Glen usually sleeps the whole time. Anyway, I take the test and it's negative. I think to myself, I should check the box just in case since this is a different brand. But no, I'm just being silly. However, I was hiding the tests in my sock drawer so Glen wouldn't see them. When I went to get socks, I looked at the box and lo and behold, what I thought was negative was actually positive. I was hyperventilating a little and doing my best to not wake up Glen. I was so excited because Glen's birthday was a week and a half later and I wanted it to be one of his presents. So, I didn't tell him right away. I called the doctor's office and made an appointment for the next Thursday, so a week from when I got the positive. The next day I went back to Wal-Mart and bought some onesies and wrapped them in the same paper as the rest of Glen's presents. But I couldn't wait any longer. Friday night, July 24th, before our date, I handed it to him and said, "Open this now, please." He really didn't want to but I made him. He was in shock! It was awesome. He just kept saying, "No, no." It was funny because not two hours earlier Candice asked if I was pregnant because her dad overheard me talking about it but actually I was talking about someone else. So I had to lie to Candice because I hadn't told Glen yet and we hadn't decided to tell anyone yet.
The next day, Dayton told us that Candice is pregnant and due March 17. So, she is 11 days ahead of me! My little one will have a cousin his/her age! We went to the doctor on July 30 and he said everything looked great and that we would have an ultrasound on August 13. So I am currently 6 weeks 5 days along. I will continue to create update posts without actually posting them until we spread the news.

1 comment:

Dan/Kealy said...

When you said "each time I take a test", it sounds like you guys had been trying for a while. Us too. It's hard when the test keeps coming back negative, but I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats again!