Thursday, May 19, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I felt it was time for an update on my smelly son. He has learned quite a few things lately. He says, "Daddy" but it sounds more like, "Da-eee". He also says "Hello" but it sounds more like, "Eee-yeah". Then he says things like, "mama", "bye-bye" and so on. He also responds to several phrases such as, "get your drink", "go see Daddy" (I use that one when I've had enough), "get your doggie", "Let's go downstairs", "Do you want a bite?", and so on. He does not seem to understand, or rather listen to, the following: "Don't put that in your mouth!", "Leave Charlie alone!", "Don't go outside!", "Stay here!", "Don't pick up/eat the dog food/poop!" and several other life-saving commands. He can run, go up and down the stairs unassisted, dance like a maniac, and half-blow kisses (he brings his hand to his mouth and just leave it there). He gives the best hugs and kisses and will even do so on command. He sleeps about 9.5 hours at night, takes a 2-3 hour nap in the morning and, about 50% of the time, he will take an afternoon nap lasting anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours. Those naps allow me to get all of my phone calls done for work. Occasionally, a student calls me while George is awake and I just pray he's quiet and use the mute button a lot. He loves elmo and will watch entire episodes of Sesame Street just to see him. Other favorites are Wonder Pets and Word World. My psychology books take a lot about the benefits of Sesame Street. Apparently, kids who watch it do better in High School. I thought that was interesting. Anyway, Mexico is in two weeks and two days! I can't wait to see my naked baby buns running on the beach!In his Easter suit

Eating S'mores for lunch

S'mores are messy!

No comments: